Dr. Will Bulsiewicz presented five ways to prevent colon cancer when interviewed on The Exam Room- YouTube
- Get a screening colonoscopy at the appropriate age (45 years if no immediate relatives have been diagnosed with colon cancer and no other established genetic risks)
- Avoid consuming any processed meat. Eating bacon, ham, sausage, lunch meat, hot dogs, or other processed meat increases your cancer risk by 18%.
- Eat whole food plant-based. The combination of fiber, vitamins, and micronutrients combine to reduce cancer risk.
- Eat foods that contain fiber. Plants, especially beans and grains, contain fiber. Meat, fish, egg, dairy, and processed sugar offer no fiber.
- Consider including turmeric in your meals. This highly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory spice was shown in a study to beat back potentially malignant colon polyps.
Want to see and hear it yourself?
Here’s the link: Dr. Will Bulsiewicz on Colon Cancer Prevention
6) Avoid smoking tobacco or anything.
7) Avoid alcohol consumption.
8) Exercise regularly but consult your doctor first if you are over 30 and haven’t been exercising.
9) Keep your weight down (BMI below 25 please).
10) Avoid highly processed food and processed sugar.